The following is a list of some basic excel spreadsheet vocabulary:
- Spreadsheet - A Software program used to perform mathematical calculations and represent data in a graph.
- Worksheet - Sheets of rows and columns that allows you to enter, analyze, and calculate data.
- Workbook - A collection of related worksheets kept in a single file.
- Sheet Tab - A tab that identifies a worksheet. It can be used to switch or open sheets in a workbook.
- Row - horizontal references in a spreadsheet that are identified by numbers.
- Column – vertical references in a spreadsheet that are identified by alphabetic letters
- Cell - The intersection of a row and a column on a spreadsheet.
- Cell Name - Column letter and row number used to identify a cell.
- Active Cell - The cell that you are currently working in.
- Range - a group of cells
Learn How To Work With Microsoft Excel Workshop, for more details:
source: http://teacherweb.com, http://www.intelligentedu.com/microsoft_excel_glossary.html