You can reposition the data in a cell for a better representation of the data on your worksheet. This can be done by changing the alignment of the cell contents, using indentation for better spacing, or displaying the data at a different angle by rotating it.
1. Select the cell or range of cells that contains the data that you want to reposition.
2. On the [Home] tab, in the [Alignment] group, do the following:
- To change the vertical alignment of cell contents, select one
- To change the horizontal alignment of cell contents, select one
- To change the indentation of cell contents, use to increase or decrease indent.
- To rotate the cell contents, click [Orientation] and then select the rotation option that you want.
- To wrap the text in a cell, click [Wrap Text].
- To center or align data that spans several columns or rows, click Merge and Center
- To use additional text alignment options, click the [Dialog Box Launcher] next to [Alignment], and then on the [Alignment] tab of the [Format Cells] dialog box, select the options that you want as shown below: