When you sort information in a worksheet, you can see data the way you want and find values quickly. You can sort a range or table of data on one or more columns of data.
1. Select the data that you want to sort.
2. On the [Home] tab, in the Editing group, click on the arrow near [Sort & Filter].
To sort quickly:
1. Select a single cell in the column on which you want to sort.
2. Click to do an ascending sort (A to Z or smallest number to largest).
3. Click to perform a descending sort (Z to A or largest number to smallest).
To Sort by specifying criteria:
1. Select a single cell anywhere in the range that you want to sort.
2. Click , the sort dialog box appears as shown below:
3. In the [Sort by] list, select the first column on which you want to sort.
4. In the [Sort On] list, select either [Values], [Cell Color], [Font Color], or [Cell Icon].
5. In the [Order list], select your sort operation, then click OK.