To create a chart in Excel 2010, do the following:
1. On the worksheet, arrange the data that you want to plot in a chart. The data can be arranged in rows or columns.
2. Select the cells that contain the data that you want to use for the chart.
3. On the [Insert] tab, in the [Charts] group, do one of the following:
- Click the chart type, and then click a chart subtype that you want to use.
- To see all available chart types, click the launch icon to display the [Insert Chart] dialog box.
4. Excel automatically assigns a name to the chart, such as [Chart1] if it is the first chart that you create on a worksheet. To change the name of the chart, do the following:
- Click the chart.
- On the [Layout] tab, in the [Properties] group,
click the [Chart Name] text box.
- Type a new name.
- Press [Enter].