There are two ways of creating bulleted and numbered lists:
- Option 1: Word automatically create bulleted and numbered lists as you type.
2. Type the text that you want, press [Enter] to add the next list item.
Word automatically inserts the next bullet or number.
3. To finish the list, press [Enter] twice, or press [Backspace] to delete the last bullet or number.
Note. If bullets and numbering do not begin automatically, do the following:
1. Click the [File] tab and then click [Options].
2. Click [Proofing].
3. Click [AutoCorrect Options], and then click the [AutoFormat As You Type] tab.
4. Under [Apply as you type], select the [Automatic bulleted lists] check box and the
[Automatic numbered lists] check box. Then click [OK]. (see diagram below):
- Option 2: Adding bullets or numbers to existing lines of text.
2. On the [Home] tab, in the [Paragraph] group, click [Bullets] or [Numbering].
image source: technipages.com