The date or time format is set by default in Excel based on the regional date and time settings that are specified in Control Panel. You can choose a different date format in the Format Cells dialog box.
To select your choice, do the following steps:
1. Select the cells that you want to format.
2. On the [Home] tab, in the [Number] group, click the Dialog Box Launcher next to [Number].
3. Click Date or Time in the [Category] List.
4. In the [Type] list, select the date or time format that you want to use, then click OK.
5. To display dates and times in the format of other languages, click the language setting that you want in the [Locale (location)] box.